At a time like this, it has been stressed that social distancing is incredibly important to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We’re going to take a look at the importance of this and tips for ensuring a safe social distance.
Slowing The Spread
Unfortunately, this virus is very contagious and easy to spread. Keeping a distance of at least 6 feet from yourself and the next person in public will greatly reduce the chance of contracting the virus or passing it to someone else if you are a carrier. The virus can lie dormant in your system without showing any symptoms for up to two weeks. In addition, some people can have and spread the virus without ever experiencing any symptoms. Considering this, many people who have the virus don’t even know it! By always keeping 6 feet away from anyone else, you’ll greatly reduce your chances of catching the virus.
How To Stay A Safe Distance Away
Here are some tips in certain situations to properly implement social distancing:
- Pre-Sign for Mail/Deliveries
- If you know that something is coming for you in the mail that you need to sign for, contact the delivery company to find out if leaving a signed note on the door to approve the delivery would suffice.
- Going for A Walk
- With many beaches and parks closed, one of the easiest ways to get fresh air is to walk around your neighborhood. Be conscious of the other residents doing the same thing and cross the street if you need to.
- What To Do When Social Distancing Isn’t Possible
- You may not think it would be difficult to accomplish this but there are many instances where you need to come within 6 feet of someone. Grocery stores, gas stations, essential doctor’s appointments, etc. will all involve situations where you will need to come within 6 feet of another person. In these cases, the CDC has recommended wearing a mask of some sort. It can even just be a cloth mask with rubber bands.
By following the CDC guidelines, we can all do our part to slow the spread of the virus! Keep up to date on their latest recommendations by visiting their website.